Pomona Park is an approximately 8.5 acre waterfront community park that offers a boat launch, fishing, picnicking, and kayaking as well as a multi-use path, a band shell, a playground, and temporary event space for carnivals or festivals. Winter activities also take place here with sledding as a highlight. It is the largest of the parks in the village and serves a much larger population than just village residents due to its public boat launch on the north end of Spring Lake. This provides boaters with direct access to the Grand Haven waterfront, Lake Michigan, and the Grand River upstream.
GET IN THE KNOW
Fruitport Boat Launch Ramp
Permits are required for all users of the Pomona Park boat launch ramp
Daily permits: $10.00 each
Annual permit: $40.00 resident | $60.00 non-resident
Senior citizen (62+): $30.00 resident | $50.00 non-resident
Commercial permits: $100.00
Veterans (any age with military id): $30.00
Annual permits available at:
Waypoint Dock and Spirits
Village Pharmacy (ask for Cosmo)
Daily permits must be placed on the dashboard of users vehicle in full view of inspecting officials
Annual permits must be permanently attached to the boat trailer frame near tongue of trailer or on trailer winch post
Self serve instructions:
- Take a blank boat launch permit from the container
- Complete both sections of permit
- Tear off top half of permit
- Place $10.00 in cash, check or money order in the envelope and seal the envelope
- Place envelope in collection box
- Place daily permit on dash board of users vehicle
- Vehicles or trailers without permit are subject to $100.00 fine and/or impoundment
- The overflow lot will also be patrolled for vehicles with permits
- No parking on 3rd avenue for vehicles with boat trailers
No 3 axle trailers allowed – first offense $500.00 fine additional offenses $1000.00
No commercial/dealer use allowed without a commercial permit
Dock is used for water crafts only
Please do not launch or retrieve your boat without first obtaining a permit
Failure to obtain permit may result in your vehicle being towed away at the owner’s expense
Dogs are welcome in Pomona Park. A few rules are in place to ensure all park visitors are comfortable while visiting Pomona Park.
- Dogs must be controlled on leashes six foot or less.
- Leave no trace of your dog. Clean up and dispose of animal waste immediately.
- Dogs displaying vicious or aggressive behavior must be removed.
- Dogs are not permitted in buildings, restrooms, picnic shelters, band shell, or playground.
- Leader dogs for those with disabilities are permitted in all areas following leash laws.
- Michigan law requires that dogs be licensed. Licenses can be purchased from Muskegon County.
Meetings & Events
"Nice historic park in the middle of the small town of Fruitport. A modern boat launch, bathrooms, covered picnic table area, a lot of room to play catch or frisbee. And go fishing in Spring Lake."
– Grant DuBridge
"Fruitport Old Fashioned Days is always fun at this park every Memorial Day. A great park for kids to play and dogs to run."
– Jennifer Hancock
"Wow what a great park for fishing, family cookouts, and outdoor concerts I believe Thursday night! Nice clean restrooms also!"
– William Masselink